Lesson 10, Topic 1
Personal Safety Strategies
Listed below are behaviours that are recommended ‘best practices’ for personal safety. Constant application of these behaviours will reduce potential for harm.
- Be informed about the people you interact with in your community.
- Actively elicit for concerns and share any of your concerns.
- Be alert and aware at all times, don’t get complacent.
- Be more cautious when alone
- Maintain safe distance with hostile people, at least 1 meter.
- Face hostile people and maintain eye contact
- Disengage when someone demands space
- Disengage when threatened. Report all threats
- Know and keep accessible your exit routes
- Trust your instincts, go with your gut.